Wednesday, January 9, 2008

School Started

Today, using my NEW Sony Viao Laptop (which I have 18 months to pay for) I logged onto my online Biology Course for the first time. I am taking it through Harrisburg Area Community College, which has the unfortunate Acronym of HACC. Hopefully in the summer I will be enrolled in the University of Pittsburgh to pursue a Master's Degree in Education. That, in turn, will be so I can pursue a bi-vocational career in secondary phsyics education as part of our church plant strategy (more on that later). But first, I must complete ONE class that is not in my undergraduate record. Biology. I have an Engineering Degree, and the only class I need that was not already taken is Biology. So, I am a student again, in order to become a student, in order to get a contributive job, in order to help plant a church. So this is sort of Yak shaving razor thing (see Ren and Stimpy or the Evangelical Outpost for an explanation).

This will be a good warm-up before I start the full time classes. I haven't been a student for some time, and I may be rusty! :)

No comments: