Monday, June 22, 2009

Looking for a Job

UPDATE: I have a preliminary interview with a School District on Tuesday. It is a more challenging position than the previous one, but you all know I'm up for a challenge!

Part of the vision for DOXA church is for its members, including its founding elders (Stephen and I), to be integral parts of the community in which they live. We intend never to have large staff salaries, but rather leadership made up of servant leaders who work and give of their time.

My intended path was to become a Physics teacher. EVERYTHING has worked out for that path to become a reality. I was able to transfer my Grove City credits to exactly cover the content area of Physics, save for one Biology class. I was able to prepare early enough to take that class at HACC, getting an A+. Money worked out, timing worked out, and I recently graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a 4.0, the equivalent of a Masters Degree in education, teaching certification, and some of the best recommendations I could have.

However, I can't find a job. I had one interview, but it did not pan out. I am starting to get worried. I am trying to trust God to know what He is doing. I want to teach more than I can say. It is a passion and God-given talent. If it doesn't happen, I know my depression is going to come back hard. I feel the fear of failure. I feel the pressure of not knowing how to pay bills without a decent paying job. But I am also trying to trust that God provides for those he loves...even if it is not in the way we want. Thankfully, God's goodness outlasts my sinfully limited ability to trust.

Hefe

No comments: