Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another post, I know you're amazed!

So, for those of you who have been following you're probably sitting in front of your computer with your mouth hanging open.  Get used to it.  Well, Nannette and I are currently thankful that the Heffners are getting settled in their own house.  Its spring, so the Russells have been working on getting some landscaping done on the house.  Many of our inside projects have been postponed in order to get the outside work done.

Work has been really busy lately.  I've been working on all of the summer reading projects ( adults, teens and kids) and the new teen website that should be going live at the end of may.  I'm looking forward to the summer coming and things hopefully slowing down a little.  I got to close out a few projects this week, so that helped things.

Nannette's Dad seems to be recovering well from bypass surgery.  We got to seem him a couple times in the past couple weeks, and each time he looks progressively more like himself.  Its definitely been hard on him to not be able to do all the work he's been used to doing.

I got to check out a local coffee house recently and hoping to start contributing to their open mic night, and get to know some local musicians.  It was a nice place and had a pretty good vibe.  I'm hoping to go back soon and check out the open mic night.  There are a couple open mic nights in a relatively close area to us, and I'm hoping that through those we'll be able to get involved in the local music community.

No comments: