Friday, June 27, 2008

A Week in 2 1/2 Days: Part Two

WEDNESDAY:

Get to classes on time, thanks to the lessons learned from the test run. The presentation is due, and was supposed to be done in pairs, but since I missed the first day of class due to a (now) confirmed network glitch displaying the wrong schedule, I had no partner. So I gave the presentation solo. It went well. The professor even commented that it was an excellent presentation, that she was impressed with my initiative to do this project anyway under those circumstances, and by the way do you have a background as an evangelical minister or something? I am into linguistics and your vocal inflections and vocabulary choices gave me that impression. BUSTED. Is it that obvious? I cracked up, and then made a mental note that I will have to work on that. How do you speak like a normal person after being a pastor for 10 years?

During the one hour lunch break, I did the second half of my reading as scarfed down a snickers bar from the 7-11 across the street, I haven't had candy bars for a while, and it really buzzed me. Second class went well. It was highly discussion oriented about themes that I am passionate about....social justice, post-modern mindsets, holistic education. I am going to enjoy that class.

Came home and called Becky for the 127th time since Monday (man I miss her, and will continue to do so for another 2 weeks until we see eachother). Went out and got a job unloading trucks at the prestigious WALMART. Came back to catch up on the rest of my work, and finally unpack my suitcase. Bed at 12:00pm

THURSDAY: Slept in. Exhausted. Checked the CourseWeb, and got a 10/10 on my presentation. Skidoosh. Began work on the three papers that are due next week. Finished two today (Friday). I am finally caught up and am having the chance to blog all of this. I have begun reading non-school stuff, like "Reasons for God" by Tim Keller (thanks for that, SBC). I have downloaded a ton of podcasts from Acts 29 and Soma Communities to listen to on the bus rides. The journey started on Monday, but I feel like today my brain finally caught up.

Tomorrow I may publish the first paper I wrote. It is an autobiographical piece on why Iwant to be a teacher. Maybe you will find it enlightening.

No comments: